Tuesday, June 28, 2016

featured apprentice | kim larson

Kim Larson celebrated her last day as an apprentice here at PT. What's next, you say? I'm glad you asked! Here's a behind the scenes look at life as an apprentice and what's in store for Kim this summer.


What was your favourite part of the apprenticeship?
It was really exciting to learn the ins and outs of producing my own shows. It's a very rewarding process.

In what ways have you grown artistically/professionally over the past 11 months?
I think I came into this apprenticeship with a strong foundation of the technical elements of acting. I knew how to do it, but I wanted to learn why to do it. I wanted to be surrounded by people who had established careers and knew exactly why they love the craft and how they live it out. I feel like I got that. Spending time with Ron, who has such a clear vision of what he thinks good theatre is and how to do it, has been refreshing. I think I have a clearer idea now of how I want to be an actor.

What are your plans for the summer?
I'm going to Armstrong to work on OUR TOWN at Caravan Farm Theatre!

What are you most excited for now that the apprenticeship is over?
Daaayyyyliiiiiggghhhhttt! I'm excited to spend a bit of time out of Vancouver over the summer and camp for the next month and a half straight!

We wish you all the best, Kim! See you soon!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the best, Kim! It was such a delight to meet you and work with you during the run of "Wit". You are a bright light. Enjoy your time with Caravan - 'Our Town' is such a great play!

Love, Katharine