Thursday, January 07, 2010

Jan 16: Sheree Plett CD release concert

As soon as I heard about this, I was kicking myself - I've already got something on the sixteenth. So you, gentle reader, will have to go in my stead. Sheree and Jeremy were FANTASTIC every night they played at Christmas Presence - that haunting, delicate quality was still there in half the tunes, but on the others they kicked it up three or four notches. Touring this summer they fell in love with Buddy and Julie Miller, and that rougher, tougher alt.country sound is all over their new stuff. Energy, prairies, and great guitar hooks! Damn I wish I could be there.

The Road To My Family
CD Release Concert

Sheree Plett full band
with Black Tortoise (Andrew Lee of In Medias Res)

St. James Hall
3214 West 10th Ave.
Vancouver BC

Saturday, January 16, 2010
Doors at 7.30pm
Starts at 8.00pm

Tickets: $10 or $20 w/ purchase of the new album

No comments: