Friday, August 30, 2013

meet the apprentice | kenton klassen

Our new apprentices have been training all week getting ready to run our box office and front of house for the season, as well as planning their artistic projects for the year.  It's a good bunch, and now you get to meet them.  Here is the first apprentice: Kenton Klassen.



Name:
Kenton Klassen

What were you doing last year?:
I was bartending and going to the beach all summer and then practically living at UBC during the school year. Classes, Rehearsals, Shows, Coffee.

What are your favourite shows that you've worked on so far?:
I played Edward VIII in The Duchess a.k.a Wallis Simson directed by Sarah Rogers at UBC which is probably my favourite production to date. Other favourites include The Canadian Badlands Passion Play, Dancing at Lughnasa, and Les Miserables.

What's your non-theatrical specialty?:
Bartending



What's the number one thing you're excited about doing during your apprenticeship?:
I am most excited about learning how to produce my own production!

Where have you trained in theatre?:
Most of the schools I attended as a youngster (I went to 7) had amazing drama programs so that started it. I studied acting at Keyano College in Fort McMurray as well as in the B.F.A. Acting program at UBC.

What was your favourite part of your training?:
Film Acting and Stage Combat. Also, just doing show after show after show.

Is there anything coming up next year in your apprenticeship that will be brand new experiences for you?:
When it comes to theatre anything outside of Acting will be new for me. Box office, front of house, producing, hanging lights etc. Nooob.

Your top three categories in Trivial Pursuit? (Invented or real?):
Post Punk Rock. JK Rowling. Paul Thomas Anderson Films.


No comments: