Sunday, February 16, 2014

sideshow | artist profile | kenton klassen

Our apprentice Kenton Klassen is going to be joining the team for SIDESHOW! Here's some background on him.


What got you started improvising? My high school drama teacher Karen Towsley, an improv whiz!

What is your favourite part of improvising? I like the risk involved in not having a plan. It's scary and exhilarating!


How does musical improv actually work? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm guessing you have to make up songs or something...

Who is your role model, when it comes to performing? Hmm.. there's a few. Paul Dano, Daniel-Day Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio are a few. In the comedy world I would have to say Jim Carrey! "We've got no food, we got no jobs, OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"

If you were to get a Sharpie tattoo on your back, what would it be? A tiger killing a shark. I hate sharks.


What is your favourite way to unwind at the end of a long week? Going to the movies followed by a good pub.

Five people you want to have for dinner? Amy Adams, Tom Delonge, Mila Kunis, Anna Kendrick, Jim Carrey.


Are you afraid of ghosts? Nope, I want one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zAmOuldwl0

Give me three “fun facts” about you.
I can make my tongue looks like it has split in two.
I invented a great yo-yo trick.
I've been crocodile cage diving.

No comments: