Friday, August 22, 2014

14-15 staff picks | alison chisholm

We're starting a new series featuring staff picks for the coming season, with everyone giving the top three shows they are most excited for next season, and a sentence or two about why.  We'll start with our Operations Manager and Producer Alison Chisholm!



THE WHIPPING MAN

It is such a poignant story about freedom and what it means to be free, and the cast … oh, the cast. I cannot begin to express how excited I am to have Tom Pickett back on our stage alongside Carl Kennedy and Giovanni Mocibob.

UNDERNEATH THE LINTEL

I saw this production at Rosebud Theatre just over a year ago now, and walked out with only one thought in mind: “We have to put this on at Pacific Theatre.” Nathan’s portrayal of The Librarian who decides to embark on this unexpected journey was so honest and visceral that I felt like I was leaning in over coffee to hear all the secrets my friend was sharing. Truly one of the most engaging solo shows I have ever seen.

FREUD'S LAST SESSION

This production should have been in our season three years ago. As far as I am concerned, there is no better venue for this intimate dialogue between Freud and C.S. Lewis than the PT stage. After dealing with struggles of getting rights to this show, I am so thrilled to finally share this show with the Pacific Theatre audience.

No comments: