Thursday, February 11, 2016

common grace | why the artists chose it

Here are a few words from the creative team behind COMMON GRACE on why they chose to work on this show.


"I am excited to be working on a new play by a local playwright, especially one that is set in a contemporary, local community."
-Carolyn Rapanos, Set Designer

"I've been lucky enough to see this play grow from a first draft to the beautiful story it is now and I cannot wait to watch as it really come to life."
-Cara Cunningham, Alanna

"I am excited to once again share the stage with the immensely talented Kerri Norris and to work hand in hand with playwright Shauna Johannesen on this beautiful slice of life."
-Carl Kennedy, Pastor Dan

"It's great to be working on a brand new show! I'm excited to help create an authentic-feeling kitchen on stage."
-Frances Henry, Properties Manager

“I’m thrilled to be in a play delving so deep into the hearts and souls of 5 (count ‘em 5!) distinct, real, and powerful-in-their-own-way women.”
-Julie Lynn Mortensen, Miriam

"I have had the privilege of watching this play evolve from some of its early drafts and am honoured to be a part of it coming to life. I am also very excited to be back together with so many artists that I respect and love working with."
-Kerri Norris, Carol

"I'm looking forward to being part of this show because I've gotten to be part of the workshopping process for this script from the beginning (inhabiting several of the roles). I love this story: the relationships between these sisters and their mother, the humour, and the honest wrestling with questions of love, death, faith and home. Also, what a fabulous group of people to get to spend the next 5 weeks with!"
-Rebecca de Boer, Abby

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great show!