Monday, July 04, 2016

featured apprentice | Julia Siedlanowska

Julia Siedlanowska is finishing up her apprenticeship here at PT, but her work as an artist is far from over. Julia's final apprentice project, ANY NIGHT opens this week on our PT stage. We thought you might like to know what Julia's experience was like over the past 10 months and what's up next for her. 


What was your favourite part of the apprenticeship?
Working with some fabulous people and having the opportunity to work on developing my craft on some really great projects! I'll never forget my experience producing and acting in THE DROWNING GIRLS, as well as all the one on one audience experiences I had in ASK/TELL: THE BOLER PROJECT, and now of course, while still in the thick of it (we go into tech this Sunday!) directing ANY NIGHT (which I am co-producing with fellow apprentice, Jess- from whom I have learned so much, and can't wait to continue working with!) My heart is filled with the love of so many people coming together and working hard for what they love. (Currently- Thank you and huge love to the ANY NIGHT team!!!)

In what ways have you grown over the past 10/11 months (artistically/professionally?)
I've learned a helluva lot about marketing from Andrea Loewen, director of marketing and publicity! That's been something I've wanted to gain experience doing and I'm so grateful for what I've learned from her. I'm also super grateful for Cara, who was directly responsible for the fledgling apprentices. I am inspired by all of PT staff's patience, hard work, and compassion. I've grown to learn and appreciate the work that goes into running a company, and the importance and dedication of the people behind it. (Thank you Ron, for creating opportunity for so many artists, and thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.) I am so grateful for the people I have met, importantly, my fellow apprentices. I have learned so much from them- and I look forward for what's to come for us in the future! As an artist I've learned a lot about what I value, what I want to see more of, and what I want to push myself to further and develop. I've learned to push boundaries firmly with compassion and patience! (Ok...I'm still learning...)

What are your plans for the summer?
Finish directing ANY NIGHT, finish working as an artistic associate at the Semiahmoo Arts Centre for Peninsula Productions, perform my TYA solo show "SHE BEGAN TO CROSS THE SKY," start directing AUX.LA.MORE for the Vancouver Fringe Festival....then hopefully run away into the wilderness never to return....

What are you most excited for now that the apprenticeship is over?
THE GREAT UNKNOWN

Do you have a next project in mind?
Many... but I heard this thing that you're less likely to do something if you've talked about it...so I'll keep my cards close to my chest.

It's been great having you on the team, Julia! See you soon!

No comments: