Tuesday, August 16, 2016

16-17 staff picks | andrea loewen

It's time for our "Staff Picks" series once again! With our 2016-2017 season fast approaching, we have lots to look forward to here at PT.  As a tradition, each one of our staff will share the top three shows they are most excited for, and a sentence or two about why. Up first is our director of publicity and marketing, Andrea Loewen! 



A GOOD WAY OUT:

I am always excited when we have new work by emerging writers, and I just love this script. I saw a staged reading of it a few years ago and found it to be an incredibly compelling look at the world of gang violence - one I have no familiarity with at all. My favourite kind of theatre gives me a glimpse into a world I’d never normally see. Plus, I am excited to see Andrew Wheeler play a terrifying gangster - we’ve never cast him in a role like this and I can’t wait to see him do it.

SUITCASE STORIES:

Maki’s story is so incredible, full of incredible luck and terrible hardships, all met with the most determination I have ever seen. She wrote this show as a series of short plays performed in our lobby over the course of a year a few seasons ago, and her performance is so vulnerable and open that you can’t help but give her your heart as you go along for the ride with her.

OUTSIDE MULLINGAR:

Shanley has always been one of my absolute favourite playwrights! It’s been a while since we did one of his plays and I’ve never seen this one done before. The language in it is so beautiful, I can’t wait to hear it come from this amazing cast.

No comments: