Tuesday, January 16, 2018

ruined | meet the cast

We are truly proud to present Dark Glass Theatre's RUINED as our first show of the new year. This timely look at the lives of women in the Democratic Republic of Congo moves us deeply, and Dark Glass has assembled a brilliant ensemble to bring it to life.
Mama Nadi and her girls.
Makambe K. Simamba | Sophie
"Ruined is a skillfully crafted Pulitzer Prize winning play that illuminates the unbelievable authenticity and strength of 4 African women."
CJ Jackman Zigante | Mama Nadi
"Playing Mama Nadi I hope, gives me another way, for the women of the Congo to have their voices heard. I hope I do them proud."
Shayna Jones | Salima
"I am excited by how much it terrifies me."
Rachel Mutombo | Josephine
"I am excited to have an opportunity to embody the beautiful, poetic and empowering words of Lynn Nottage."
Our beautiful ensemble and band members.
Jacky Yenga | Emilene
Donald Sales | Commander Osembenga
Tom Pickett | Christian
"I am excited to work with so many new young people, people of color to tell the story of the strength of these women and the love of this man; Christian."
Damon Calderwood | Mr. Harari
The story is universal, even though it is set in the Congo. It has many deep truths and can be related to by many people. I find it a moving, powerful, and uplifting play. It is a story that needs to be told.
Agape Mngomezulu | Simon, Various
Michael Kiapway | Jerome Kisembe
Adrian Neblett | Fortune, Various
"I am excited to be part of telling this powerful story to our Vancouver audiences."
Mikaela Fuqua | Masima, Musical Director

No comments: