Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sep 12-28: REFUGE OF LIES Off-Broadway!


REFUGE OF LIES
Sep 12 - 28
The Lion Theatre, Theatre Row, 410 West 42nd Street, New York
produced by Firebone Theatre
tickets available here

Well, I'll be flying into New York on September 11 to see my Off-Broadway debut! Very excited.

I did three rounds of script revision in June and July, have one last scene to touch up just a bit, but the play is about as good as I can make it. Several friends from various parts of my life will be converging on NYC, I've got tickets to see ballgames in the final seasons at both Shea and Yankee Stadia, and plans to revisit the painting that caught my attention a year and a half ago at the Frick.


I'm just now figuring out what shows to see when I'm in New York. Considering THE QUARREL, though - quite seriously - I don't expect it to measure up to the exquisite Midnight Theatre Collective production that was my favourite show in PT's 2006-2007 season. A friend and NYC afficionado who'll be joining me there mentioned THE SEAGULL and ALL MY SONS, which are both favourite plays of mine.  Unfortunately the National Theatre of Scotland production of THE BLACK WATCH won't have opened by the time I head back home.  

Any tips, anyone? 

No comments: