Thursday, January 29, 2009

Holy Mo: Artistic Director's Notes (Draft One)

Okay, I'm just back from a whirlwind trip to California, threw together my program notes for HOLY MO...


HOLY MO
Feb 6 - Mar 7
tickets

Program Notes (Draft One)

Holy Mo is a really good play, which is why I picked it. It's about Moses, which is what "Mo" means in the title. The second half of the play is about David, but "Holy Dave" didn't sound right, so Lucia called it "Holy Mo."

The three actors in the play are really good at acting. You can read about them in their bios. Morris Ertman is a really good director, and even though his bio is usually quite boring, he also writes program notes, so you can read those.

We did this play before, but I hope you won't be bored seeing it again.

That's all I can think of, so I'll fill the rest of my space with something from my favourite website. "Oh, what a boring subject, right? Yeah, I agree, reading about bilge pumps is not too thrilling. But this is a subject which I've been harping on for a long time, apparently without a lot of success based on the continuing and overwhelmingly casual attitude that boat owners have for their bilge pumping systems."

Ron Reed,
Artistic Director



Back to the drawing board...

No comments: