Wednesday, October 22, 2014

the rainmaker | cast change

Next week there will be a change in THE RAINMAKER - Ron Reed will be taking over the role of H.C. from Andrew Wheeler.


In order to allow Andrew Wheeler to accept a role in the Firehall Arts Centre's production of URINETOWN, Ron has agreed to take over the role for the final week of performances. This is an amicable decision, made in conjunction with Donna Spencer at the Firehall and the entire team at here PT to support Andrew's career and the work of our colleagues at Main and Cordova.

On the opportunity to play both roles, Andrew said, “Ron’s generosity has allowed me to explore the theme of ‘lack of water resources’ from two unique perspectives in two very different worlds. I am extremely grateful to Ron, Pacific Theatre, and my fellow cast mates for the extra load they have taken on in order to allow this work for me.”

Ron expresses a mixture of excitement and nerves: “It’s a daunting challenge; I’ve watched Andrew in rehearsal, all day every day for three weeks, and those are big cowboy boots to fill! But when Andrew raised the possibility, I knew I had to take the opportunity. To live in that play again, forty years after playing the role in high school. A play I loved so much, with a cast of actors I so enjoy. But now actually being the age of H.C., knowing what it is to be a father, knowing what it is to see your life’s work in jeopardy, it seems like something I have to do.”

So attend the week of Oct 29-Nov 1 and see Ron reprise the role he played at his high school 40 years ago!

No comments: