Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Feb 3 & 10: Reflections on Thomas More


I'll be preaching at Holy Trinity Anglican Church this coming Sunday, February 3, reflecting on the experience of playing Thomas More in A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS. That's in the church sanctuary, just upstairs from Pacific Theatre, at 1440 West 12th, Vancouver. There are two services, a contemporary service at 10am and a traditional service at 11:30. (The latter uses the Book Of Common Prayer, which was originally written by Thomas Cranmer, the Archbishop who presided over Thomas More's execution and the founding of the Anglican church which Thomas so vehemently opposed - intriguing ironies.)

The following Sunday, February 10, I'll be preaching at my own home church, Fraserview Mennonite Brethren (11295 Mellis Drive, Richmond). Again, talking about what's been stirred up in me by the story of Thomas More, though (to keep things interesting for myself, if no one else) I intend to talk about different things than in the Holy Trinity sermons. That service begins at 10am, and there are driving directions a the Fraserview website.

No comments: