Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Presence Preview: Meet Steve Klassen

A member of the Mennonite Jazz Committee with Nelson Boschman, Steve Klassen is a staple to the Fraser Valley music scene. Hard to believe this is his first CHRISTMAS PRESENCE! Be sure to catch him at the Abbotsford performance on Saturday, December 19th at the Matsqui Centennial Auditorium for a jazz-gospel inspired Christmas Presence.

Steve in a recording session with The Mennonite Jazz Committee

PT: Introduce yourself.
SK: Steve Klassen - Executive Director of Mark Centre (www.markcentre.org)

PT: How long have you been involved in Christmas Presence?
SK: This will be my first as a participant.

PT: What's your favourite aspect of being involved in CP?
SK: Atmosphere for humility and an appreciation for human stories impressed me in the past.

PT: What other music-related projects are you working on right now?
SK: Lots of trumpet requests around the Christmas season. I am trying to stay close to home and playing with my local church during Christmas Eve.

PT: If you weren't playing music, what would you spend your time doing?
SK: I love gardening. I have 6 kids so I love following them around and watching their lives unfold.

No comments: