Friday, September 28, 2012

spitfire grill | cast notes

The cast of THE SPITFIRE GRILL are all in this one as a collective of artists. That means that more than anyone, they're in it for the love of the show. Here's how they answered the question "why are you excited about this show?":


“THE SPITFIRE GRILL is a beautiful story with gorgeous music perfectly suited for an intimate space with actor/musicians doing the storytelling.” – Gordon Roberts, second piano, percussion

“I am very excited to work with my dear friend, Kerry van der Griend, for the first time, and to do this part. I find the music so haunting, and I love Pacific Theatre.” – Barbara Pollard, Hannah

“I get to play music!” – Stephen Bulat, Mandolin/Guitar Player

“I am looking forward to exercising my design muscles again at the Pacific Theatre space. It really puts me to the test!” – Francesca Albertazzi, Costumes, Props, and Set Designer

“I’m excited to hear and learn the music as it isn’t a musical that is widely known.” – Franki Lemon, Cellist

“The score is fantastic – the music is at times elegant, unpredictable, quirky, fun, and soaringly beautiful; not to mention the generous helping of Appalachia and bluegrass harmonies. And the book is so strong – such well-drawn, rich characters and taut, lively dialogue. Also: the over-arching themes of grace, forgiveness, and self-love. Always timely and essential. And I am excited to work with Kerry, and this multi-talented team of artists.” – Julie McIsaac, Percy

“The music! Bluegrass/folk/Amercana… performed by the actors themselves… so cool. Also I loved the movie and am fascinated to see the story translated into this new medium.” – Melanie Thompson, Stage Manager

“It has a simplicity that we don’t often experience in musical theatre. And a kick-ass country bluegrass score.” – Steven Greenfield, Musical Director and Joe Sutter

“An excellent ensemble, great music, and a story with heart.” – Sarah May Redmond, Effy

“The show is beautiful. The cast is incredible.” - Caitriona Murphy, Shelby

“I love smaller cast musicals, and this one has gorgeous music and a compelling story.” – Damon Calderwood, Caleb and Clarinet

THE SPITFIRE GRILL
Sept 21-Oct 27

No comments: