Monday, March 06, 2017

2017-2018 apprenticeship | come join us!

Pacific Theatre's 11 month Apprenticeship allows artists to grow artistically, professionally, personally, and spiritually. We are currently accepting applications for our 2017-2018 Apprenticeship program, and we would love to hear from you! Below are some highlights from past PT Apprentices.


"Pacific Theatre was the perfect place to land after theatre school. Instead of jumping right into the lonely audition grind they welcomed me into a professional theatre community and provided mentorship, a place to develop marketable skills (publicity, box office, producing etc.), my first professional stage credits, and the opportunity to explore and produce the work that I am interested in."

-Kenton Klassen (Actor, Assistant instructor for PT scene study)


"The transition between theatre school and the so-called 'real world' can be pretty tough. The PT apprenticeship gave me a built-in support network of friends and colleagues that soon felt like my theatre family. I felt encouraged to take on new challenges like producing a play, writing and leading talk-backs and community conversations, and I got to know Vancouver's theatre community as a member of an inclusive and respected company."

-Pippa Johnstone (Actor)


"The apprenticeship provides amazing insight into the inner workings of a theatre company, allowing multifaceted ways of getting hands on experience in any desired theatrical discipline. This invaluable experience along with tremendous amount of networking possibilities makes the apprenticeship ideal for anyone who is out of theatre school or wanting to expand their craft to the next level. What truly made it worthwhile for me was the ability to learn all this while exploring the place of faith and spirituality in art and performance and growing in that".

-Ryan Scramstad (Actor, PT Group Sales Co-ordinator)


"One of the best things about the Pacific Theatre Apprenticeship was being able to create my own work with the support of a company who's work I greatly admired. I was able to learn so much from all of the staff members and artists that came through, and gain a greater understanding of what kind of work I want to create within the ecology of the Vancouver theatre scene, and how to do it. It was immensely helpful to have the infrastructure of support that the apprenticeship creates- and in so many varied forms! I was able to gain skills as a producer, an actor, a director, in marketing and publicity, and made many connections with people I love and will continue to work with. Everyone was so warm and had mine and my fellow apprentices best interests at heart. It is impossible not to grow as an artist and as a person surrounded by the knowledge and resources of such warm and skilled people."

-Julia Siedlanowska (Actor, Director, Publicist)


"My favourite memory was being part of the rehearsal process of Jesus Hopped the 'A' Train and watching a truly great piece of theatre being constructed before my eyes. Even beyond it's Christian mandate which makes it unique, Pacific Theatre was interested in making thoughtful work. Pacific Theatre gave me the space and resources to produce two passion projects of mine which I would not have been able to do on my own."

- Phil Miguel (PT Production Manager)


"Pacific Theatre's Apprenticeship allowed me to gain work experience in the administration side of running a theatre company, opportunities to explore artistically on and off stage, and, simply put, gave me a family (my family lives in Winnipeg). The Apprenticeship is a perfect place to be mentored by professionals, and ask important questions about art and life. I highly recommend the Apprenticeship if you are looking to grow in the industry and as an individual. Who knows, you might even end up on staff!"

- Kayla Heselwood (PT Box Office Manager and Marketing Assistant)

Click here for more information about the Apprenticeship and to apply!

No comments: