Wednesday, August 08, 2012

meet the apprentice | cara cunningham

The next apprentice for you to get to know is Cara Cunningham.
Cara is a graduate of Trinity Western University where she received her BA in Theatre. Most recently Cara took a playwriting class through Langara College under the direction of Lucia Frangione. Cara is very excited to be a playwriting apprentice at Pacific Theatre and looks forward to what this next year will bring. Playwriting credits include BRIDE ON CREDIT (TWU) and AUGUST IN THE SPRING (TWU). Cara also dabbles in acting and was last seen in BRIDE ON CREDIT and THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH at TWU.



APPRENTICE INTERVIEW

Your name: Cara Cunningham


What were you doing last year?: I was in my final year at Trinity Western University getting my Theatre Degree

What's your specialty in theatre?: Playwriting but I want to do some acting and directing too.

What are your favourite shows that you've worked on so far?: BRIDE ON CREDIT at Trinity. The whole process was such a good learning experience for me, I grew as an artist and a person.

What is your non-theatrical specialty?: I'm a pop culture junkie.

What's the number one thing you're excited about doing during your apprenticeship?: Working with the wonderful people of PT.

Where have you trained in theatre?: Trinity Western University, University of Victoria and Langley Fine Arts School (if that matters) and Langara College (Intro to Playwriting with Lucia).

What was your favourite part of your training?: Angela Konrad's guidance and patience.

Is there anything coming up next year in your apprenticeship that will be a brand new experience for you?: We shall see :)

Your top three categories in Trivial Pursuit? (Invented or real): I have never actually played Trivial Pursuit... but I googled it and I think I would like Entertainment, History and Arts. I should really play this game.

Favourite 90's hit: "Just a Girl" No Doubt




No comments: