Monday, August 06, 2012

meet the apprentice | karyn guenther

It's time to meet our new apprentices! While they enjoy the last few moments of summer before they jump into training and a busy season with Pacific Theatre, you can get to know what they're all about right here. First up: Karyn Guenther.


Karyn Guenther is an emerging actor in Vancouver, BC. She has recently graduated from Trinity Western University with a BFA in Acting and is so pleased to be putting her degree to good use. Some favourite credits include Ingrid in Cara Lowdermilk’s BRIDE ON CREDIT (TWU), Rosalind in AS YOU LIKE IT (TWU), and an Ensemble actor in the national tour of the devised piece, ROOTS AMONG THE ROCKS. When Karyn is absent from the theatre she can be found snowboarding, reading, or finding her center in the yoga studio. She looks forward to the many new adventures she will assuredly experience while apprenticing this year.


APPRENTICE INTERVIEW

Name: Karyn Guenther

What were you doing last year?: Last year I was finishing up my BFA in Acting at Trinity Western University.

What's your specialty in theatre?: Acting

What are your favourite shows that you've worked on so far?: A student created work called MYTHIFICATION and the Bard’s AS YOU LIKE IT.

What is your non-theatrical specialty?: Snowboarding!

What's the number one thing you're excited about doing during your apprenticeship?: I am most looking forward to being a part of LEAVE OF ABSENCE, being involved in bringing Lucia Frangione’s new show to life and working with artists I have admired for years. I think it will be special.

Where have you trained in theatre?: I trained at Trinity Western University in Langley, BC.

What was your favourite part of your training?: My favourite part of my training was my voice and movement classes. Movement and different theories of movement enthrall me; I thoroughly enjoy studying the body and its intricacies.

Is there anything coming up next year in your apprenticeship that will be a brand new experience for you?: I’m sure there will be many brand new experiences. I’m looking forward to learning the ins and outs of a theatre company and being able to put up a show of my own. I think both of those things will be challenging and beneficial for me.

Your top three categories in Trivial Pursuit? (Invented or real): Arts and Lit. (perhaps a given), Civil War Army Generals, Wines

Favourite 90's hit: Oooh, I was definitely part of the Spice Girls mania in the 90’s so I’m going with Wannabe by Spice Girls. Classic.



No comments: