- In Canada, charities get about 43% of their funding from government sources.
- Most recent data on giving says that 23.4% of Canadians gave to charities in 2010, compared to an all-time high of just over 25%.
- BC's Abbotsford-Mission is the most generous region of Canada
- Religion-affiliated charities get the bulk of giving from Canadians
- The countries that receive the most aid in the world are Afghanistan and Ethiopia
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
mother teresa is dead | philanthropy in canada
Since MOTHER TERESA IS DEAD deals so closely with issues of giving, we thought it might be interesting to share some statistics on giving in Canada. All data is found in this fun interactive infographic from The Globe and Mail.