Friday, August 26, 2016

meet the apprentices | danielle klaudt

Our apprenticeship program is part mentorship, part creative residency, allowing these fledgling artists a place to grow their craft, experiment, create, and try new roles in a professional environment, all while making valuable industry connections. The next apprentice we would like to introduce you to is, Danielle Klaudt!



What were you doing before the apprenticeship?

In the year before the apprenticeship I spent some time travelling, got married and moved to Vancouver.

What are your favourite shows you've worked on so far?

Although each show is special in its own way, THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK will always have a special place in my heart for being a true and powerful part of our world's history; Anne is the only character I've played that was a real person. AGE OF AROUSAL was also a meaningful and challenging capstone university project for me with a stellar cast.

What is your non-theatrical specialty?

I'm an English Lit major so reading and writing are strengths.


What is the number one thing you are excited about doing during your apprenticeship? 

Acting! I'm dying to get back on stage and do some storytelling.

Where did you train in theatre?

The University of the Fraser Valley.

What was your favourite part of your training?

I loved the practical element of getting to work on the main stage season of theatre and annual directors festival in so many capacities all four years of my training.


Is there anything coming up in the apprenticeship that will be totally new to you?

I'm excited about challenging myself in some design roles; maybe costuming?

What would your top three categories in Trivial Pursuit be? (Invented or real)

Swim stroke technique, music of the big band Era, the art of tacos.

If you received $1 000 000 and couldn’t keep it for yourself, what would you do with it? 

Donate it to Pacific Theatre of course! (Did I pass?)

No comments: