Monday, May 15, 2017

outside mullingar | costume design | sabrina evertt

Introducing, Sabrina Evertt, our talented costume designer for OUTSIDE MULLINGAR! Sabrina is a director, designer and the Artistic Producer of Twenty Something Theatre. Check out the beautiful costume renderings that Sabrina did! 


What I really like about Outside Mullingar is that it’s a celebration of love – familial and romantic love - in all its complexities both the joys and the sorrows. With everything that is going on in the world today I think we could all use a little more love in our lives. Because the play explores the timeless topic of love, I really wanted the costumes of the play to transcend the contemporary setting of the piece. The play takes place between 2008 & 2013 but I wanted the costumes to be more practical and less trendy particularly because it also takes place on a farm in Ireland. The play begins with a funeral – I don’t think I’m giving away too much by saying this – so it terms of colour the costumes start of quite dark & somber and as the play progresses the colour palette becomes lighter and more colourful.







No comments: