PT is hiring! We are looking for a candidate to fill a one-year maternity leave, covering Box Office, Front of House, apprentice management, as well as some marketing and publicity assistance. Check out the job posting below or view it on our website here.
HIRING: Box Office Manager and Marketing Assistant (Maternity Leave Position)
Start Date: June 6
Application Deadline: May 14
Pacific Theatre is a community-minded professional theatre producing a full season of theatre in its venue at 12th and Hemlock. Founded by a group of Christian actors who wanted to create work that reflected their perspective as artists of faith, Pacific Theatre’s mandate is to explore the spiritual aspects of life through entertaining and thought-provoking theatre.
Run by a small team of fun-loving, hard-working people, our office is a collaborative, team-driven environment. We are seeking to fill a maternity vacancy with someone who works well as a team while autonomously managing their own tasks, and who is supportive of our mission and mandate. Please read our entire About Us page before applying.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator and Director of Publicity and Marketing, you will oversee operations of the box office and front of house, manage our season apprentices, and assist with a variety of marketing and publicity-related tasks. This position includes a diverse array of responsibilities, and is perfect for someone who is passionate about arts administration, motivated, autonomous, and enjoys variety in their daily tasks.
Hours and Remuneration:
30 hours/week at $13.75/hour, plus 2 weeks vacation and benefits. Hours will flex somewhat based on slow/busy times. Generally during regular office hours, but expect some evening and weekend shifts.
The position lasts from June 6 2016-June 30, 2017.
• Scheduling BO and FOH and managing apprentices throughout season
• Managing patron issues and generally ensuring BO and FOH runs smoothly
• Regular reporting on box office sales and implementing promotions and policies
• Managing phones, ticket sales, and customer service when needed
• Writing and sending scheduled patron communications
• Managing the blog
• Managing distribution of posters and other marketing materials
• Envisioning and running community events (Theatre Club and Subscriber Appreciation Saturdays)
• Assist with gathering information for programs and press kits
• Ensure documentation of show publicity
• Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Significant experience in customer service and personnel management
• A passion for theatre and an affiliation or understanding of the company’s mission and mandate
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and self-manage while working well with a small, tight-knit team
• Understanding of social media, especially use of the Blogger platform (basic HTML/coding an asset)
• Significant Assets: proficiency with Adobe design software and Theatre Manager
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to Alison Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to indicate in your cover letter why you want to work at Pacific Theatre, specifically referencing our mission and mandate.