VERGE CONFERENCE 2012: Arts & Ethics
October 18-19, Trinity Western University
Are there ethical responsibilities to art?
Can the arts make communities ‘more ethical’?
How have discourses about the arts ignored issues pertaining to ethics?
Explore these and other burning questions in an inspiring environment of thoughtful discourse. Engage with topics ranging from video games to the philosophy of Schopenhauer.
- Prof. Terry Lindvall, Virginia Wesleyan College
- Prof. Lambert Zuidervaart, Institute for Christian Studies and University of Toronto
- Dr. Nanette Nielsen, The University of Nottingham
- Dr. Marcel Cobussen, Leiden University
- Kevin Schut | When is taking over the world not taking over the world? A consideration of video games, frames, choice, narrative and ethics
- Terrence Lindvall | The Mocking of God…
- Leslie O’Dell | This thing of darkness I acknowledge mine: ethical considerations when good actors play bad characters
- Deborah K. Fung | When Art Generates Political Power…
Verge Conference on Arts & Ethics
October 18-19, 2012 | TWU campus, Music Building
Register online at twu.ca/vergeconference
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or join the conversation on twitter: #vergetwu.