Wednesday, December 14, 2011

christmas carol | director's notes

The notes from director Sarah Rodgers!


As a good little English girl I grew up on the works of Dickens. When all my friends were reading Enid Blyton my father was introducing me to A tale of two Cities and Great Expectations.

As I began my research for this production I was reminded of the great Dickensian novel: The Old Curiosity Shop.

As I began to dream about how to present this story in a fresh and theatrical way I realized what a wonderful playful setting an old curiosity shop would offer.

My actor and musician and I have had a joyful ride as we have discovered the curiosities in the shop to support our storytelling of this beautiful heart warming tale.

We hope you enjoy our Christmas offering and as Tiny Tim says ‘God Bless us everyone’.

adapted by Ron Reed from the novel by Charles Dickens
Dec. 2-31
Tickets $16.50-29.50

No comments: